Tuesday, July 24, 2012

She's Back! - A little note from Rocky

Today started out as a normal day... 

Mom left for work,
Dad left for work,
I took a nap,
I ate my food,
I napped some more,
I watched the birds,
Dad came home,
I slept on his lap,
Mom came home

I was so excited everyone was home.  But before mom came in the door, I just knew something was off.  My mom wasn't alone.  She had that thing with her!  That big furry thing with four paws and a tail like me that loves to lick.  That big furry thing is much larger then me and doesn't meow.  She is defiantly not my kind.  She makes a woof woof noise.  They call her Rosie, and she usually comes over with some guy they call David.  David was no where to be found tonight.  It was just my mom and Rosie.

They both got the fierce stare down when they came in the door.  Rosie needed to know this is my house........  Not hers!  I don't scare easily and she had to know that.  Everyone always tells me she just wants to play, but I want nothing to do with her.  She went outside to play in the yard with my dad.  I made sure she was in my sight at all times.  My mom kept telling me it would be okay.  She was just here for a visit.  I hissed from the other side of the door just so she knew I was watching her every move.

Of course they didn't leave that thing outside when they came in for dinner.  She thought it would be fun to play with me.  Boy did I prove her wrong.  I had to hiss again and even pounce with my paws multiple times until she left me alone.  What a baby!  She didn't even fight back.  I must say that I am a pretty tough cat.  My mom finally took Rosie home shortly after dinner.  It seemed like she was here for eternity. 

I heard the garage door close.  And by the time they were pulling away, I was curled up on my Dad's lap for my evening nap.  All I have to say...  My mom was pretty lucky she returned home by herself!  I greeted her at the door and quickly forgave her.  Let's hope that Rosie doesn't come back anytime soon.

What an exhausting day!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Rockie - the things we put you little critters thru is unbelievable. I'm glad you stood your ground and put Rosie in her place. Do you think you would like Max any better? You know you're #1 with Mom & Dad. Life will be much more relaxed today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute to think about what the animals are really thinking. I think you captured Rocky's words, feelings and reactions perfectly! I like how you used the short phrases to begin with and led into the intruder episode!

    I loved the "What a baby!" Too funny.

    Poor Rocky, she'll sleep better knowing Rosie is gone. Hopefully, no terrible, chasing dreams!

    ReplyDelete