Thursday, August 9, 2012

Surprise!

I did it!

I managed to pull it off!

I think I am still shocked I pulled it off!  There were moments for the last 2 months where I had to bite my tongue.  Stories I couldn't tell because he would catch on.  Such a relief I can just spill out whatever I want to say now...  No more think before I speak!

While he had his suspicions, there was no solid evidence to go off of.  He wondered, pondered and thought about it.  No one spilled the beans! (phew)

Party day was stressful.  I was frantically trying to pull everything together.  I am thankful for the good friends who pitched in and came to the rescue.  There was a storm that roared in and roared out.  We had a minor issue with a down power line.  We escaped the damage because it was across the street.  The rain passed and the party went on!

He showed up after a long hot day of golf and distractions not really sure what to expect.  Sure there was a party but he never expected his parents to show up all the way from Arkansas.  That was the best surprise of them all.  That and the finished scrapbook he got on his actual Birthday!  What a treat that has been looking through it.

Thank you to all the family and friends that were able to be apart of Scott's special day!  A big extra thank you to Len, Judy, Michelle, Jon, M, P, Mom and David.  Family is so important.  I am so glad you could all be there.  I also wouldn't have survived without Bart, Kerri, Pam, Greg, Stacy, Josh & Nikki.  What a support system!  Thank you all :)

Happy 40th Birthday Scott!  Love you

2 comments:

  1. What a fun time it was! We were so glad that we could be there to celebrate - I'm not sure how Scott got soooo old! You did a great job planning and pulling off the surprise. Yes, this will be a memorable event for the rest of his life (I know Len still shakes his head when he thinks about his 60th surprise party). I'm glad you are both enjoying the scrapbook - there will be a page coming for the party (although I didn't get a clear pic of him coming in the door).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I can only imagine the stress, especially with Scott because he always seems to figure things out. But you did a great job and the party was just perfect! (Now, Jon is a little jealous. It's his whole hope in life to be surprised. Ready to start planning another?!? Ha!) A day to remember - including the storm that rolled in quickly! "Where'd the BA-loon go?" M was so worried about that fly away balloon!

    ReplyDelete