Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A little tribute to my Grandma

I can’t believe so many years have come and gone since you left this world.  It seems like just yesterday we were awaiting your arrival home from your Amtrak trip back to the place you two shared so many memories…  Back to where it all began!  I hope you had a wonderful trip.  Grandpa said you did.  You must have if you were ready to go.  They tell us you went peacefully in your sleep.  It was time for God to take you in his hands.  You were ready to be reunited with Rosie.  I am just so happy you got to take that one last trip back to where it all began!  You left your heart in San Francisco.

Although it makes me sad the bag with the camera never made it home, I know you are up there watching over us.  Don’t worry Grandma…  We all have our moments.  We may not always get along, but we have a lot of love to give and that’s because of you.  We are family and that's always what we'll be.  I always try to bring my sense of adventure with me and root for the Cubbies no matter how bad they are.  I only ask 2 favors! 

1.      Please make sure I never mess up a batch of German Potato Salad
2.      Make me a winner next time I go play BINGO

July 14th is and forever will be dedicated to you.  I love and miss you so much.  I hope you and Rosie are living large at the BINGO hall.  You truly were an inspiration to many and accomplished so much.  My head is spinning with memories that I will forever hold onto.  I am dedicating this song to you!

Tony Bennett – I Left My Heart In San Francisco


The loveliness of Paris seems somehow sadly gay
The glory that was Rome is of another day
I've been terribly alone and forgotten in Manhattan
I'm going home to my city by the Bay

I left my heart in San Francisco
High on a hill, it calls to me
To be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars
The morning fog may chill the air, I don't care

My love waits there in San Francisco
Above the blue and windy sea
When I come home to you, San Francisco
Your golden sun will shine for me

2 comments:

  1. A sweet tribute to your Grandma! My mom wrote about my grandma today as well. I love the memories you included about her as I have never met her, but feel like I know so much about her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jen, aren't memories wonderful? You wrote a wonderful slice and I could feel how special she was to you. I can just picture her & Rosie in that Big Bingo Hall - that brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete