Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Where did the time go?

Summer seems to be winding down.  I couldn’t believe I was watching preseason football already.  Parents are rushing to get their kids school supply lists completed.  Kids are gearing up for another school year.  Fall craft ideas are starting to take over Pinterest.  End of summer sales have begun to make room for fall/winter stuff.  Do I dare even mention the thought of snow?  We were even blessed with a few beautiful cool days over the weekend after a long, hot and dry summer.  The a/c sure loved the break!

Suddenly it hits me! 

My favorite season is just around the corner.  Soon fall will be here.  We can all finally run to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte.  I do love summer and while I don’t want to rush it, I am ready to bid farewell! 

I am looking forward to:

                                   brisk days 
                                                                                                           pumpkins 
                                                                normal routines
            sweet corn 
                                               sweaters 
                                                                                                                 jeans
                                                                       boots 
            falling leaves
                                                         mums
                                bonfires              
                                                                                     being outside                           
         crock pot meals                             
                                                                                                              easier comutes
                            good times with family & friends
                                                                                   pumpkin spice lattes               
Thanksgiving 

I will be sure to savor the last few weeks of summer.  When I post that I had the first latte of the season, you know I will have officially declared a season change. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jen. Couldn't get into your slice yesterday, but here it is this morning. I have always considered Spring my favorite season of the year, that is until Fall rolls around and we can open up the house and enjoy the fresh, crisp fall air. While I don't want the year to rush past, I will enjoy the cooler temps and watching God's changing of the season. Thanks for your thoughtful insight. Love ya, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree - I love my summers more now than ever - the girls, but you have captured all the perfectness of fall! We love fall weather around here too - for all the same reasons you mentioned! We look forward to wearing sweaters and boots, jumping in leaves, picking out pumpkins and sipping some pumpkin spice lattes (maybe that crock pot recipe you pinned???). Yum!

    ReplyDelete