Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I'm still here!

It’s been a while since my last post…  Okay, a long while. 

Maybe it was the lack of motivation?
Maybe it was because I did not want to write?
Maybe it was just me being lazy?

Excuses were everywhere.  I was reading the blogs on my usual Tuesday morning - from my phone of course because the site is blocked at work.  It’s always part of my morning routine to read but then I can never comment since I am reading from a 3 inch screen.

Thanks to Michelle, I found myself with a little inspiration!

What an exciting few weeks it has been.  I came home from a trip to the Dells with my girlfriend to find my now fiancé on the floor with a ring in his hand.  It took me a few seconds to realize what was going on.  I don’t remember what happened or what he even said after I finally realized he wasn’t on the floor playing with the cat.  I cried, celebrated and ran out the door for a manicure of course!

We have enjoyed the weeks since.  I finally got my ring sized so it fits properly.  It was a long few days without it.  I started my binder and excel spreadsheets and went on a mass search for the perfect reception hall.  Research...  Research...  Research...  We continue to bounce different ideas off each other and I continue to make a list if given the approved “yes”.

We found the perfect place last weekend.  It’s a little golf course not too far from home.  The place is just perfect – not too big, not too small.  Beautiful wood beams stretch across the vaulted ceilings.  There is even a little terrace out back overlooking a pond.  It makes for a wonderful place to be surrounded with your closest friends and family on such a special day.

A date has been set

 ∙ September 14, 2013 ∙

I will marry my best friend
(He gave up his NASCAR weekend for this – I will be sure to thank him)

Now the planning will continue.  We are right on track…  According to my timeline

We have to ask our bridesmaids, our groomsmen, our flower girls and our ushers.  Save the dates need to be made, photographers & DJ’s to be researched.  Until my timeline tells me the next task is due or Pinterest gets the best of me I will enjoy the moment…  The leaves are changing, the weather is crisp, my shows are starting back up and I want to eat pumpkin all the time. 

I can’t wait to see it all come together!  We are so blessed

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaghhh!! (Yes, my eyes are bugging out of my head right now!) A date has been set! (My eyes are double bugging out because he gave up NASCAR!) Yeah! I'm so happy for you both. What an exciting time in your lives. There is lots of planning, but enjoy each little bit of it because it will come so quickly. As always, I'm here in any capacity that you need me . . . or not. But who doesn't love a little wedding planning?!? Ok, I'm trying to keep my excitement contained. :) Cheers to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Michelle said!!! The date has been marked on the calendar and we are so very happy for both of you. Lots of preparing and planning, moving forward and stepping back. Enjoy! If there is anything we can do to help (from a distance) we'll be glad to help out. This is truly an exciting time for both of you (and us too)!

    Glad you took the time to write - I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete